The upcoming version features the integration of a flexible REST API which you can use to manipulate every aspect of the applications data. You can start developing your clients right now by installing the Alpha release and taking a look at the API documentation in the following link!
Here are some key features of the API:
- it uses basic authorization schema for client
- follows the REST pattern with clear resource structures and correct HTTP verbs and status codes
- the data must be exchanged in JSON format
- you can sort, paginate, filter and minimize any GET request
- it can manipulate all the possible data of the application
and this is only the start! More features will be coming with the future releases such as token based authentication, pagination headers, sub-resources, resource linking and custom filtering.
Try it out now and spread the word!