Since version 1.0 more than 7000 people have download Easy!Appointments and completed the installation on their servers. This is really amazing and I would like to thank you all for using E!A for your business bookings and for contributing into the project with custom translations and community support. I really appreciate it!
Some months ago I started thinking about the next step, how could Easy!Appointments v1.1 look like? What about new features or improvements? For four months users submitted their recommendations and ideas about the new version and I have now successfully created a list with the most popular features on demand. Thank you all for your submissions!
Future releases will include gradually the following features:
- Customize Application UI Colors
- Responsive Design
- Enhanced Notification System (eg Appointments Email reminder, Editable email templates)
- Enhanced Google Calendar Sync (Cron Job, recurring events)
- Multiple Customers in a Single Appointment Slot
- Multiple Service for a Single Appointment
- Global System Appointments Display in Backend Calendar
- Import & Export CSV Functionality for Customer & Appointment Data
- New E!A UI Theme (Flat-wise)
- Printable Appointment Details
- Security Enhancements
- RESTful API
- SMS Gateway Support
- Google Analytics Support for Frontent
- External Script and Resource Updates
- Fix Major Installation Issues
- Fix Ajax Problems on frontend
- Other minor enhancements
Unfortunately, due to lack of time and other obligations of mine I cannot implement all these features and bundle them in a new version at once. It wouldn’t be the best thing to do at the moment because I will also like to spend some time supporting users and growing the knowlegde base of Easy!Appointments. The development procedure will be conducted gradually and new versions will be published as soon as a new feature is ready, so there won’t be a single v1.1 release but rather a casual version scheme where new features will point to new releases and revisions will point to corrections. Before each release there will be a small period of testing for tracking possible issues.
Don’t forget to follow Easy!Appointments on Facebook, or Google+ in order to get the latest updates of the development progress. You may also consider joining the Google+ community to get in touch with other users and also take a look at the support group, for finding technical answers to your questions. Of course you can still submit new ideas and recommendations on the submision page and they will be reviewed and hopefully included in a future release.
Thank you once again for using Easy!Appointments,
Happy Bookin’!AppointmentsEasy!AppointmentsGoogle Calendar